Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pumpkin Nutella Bread

It's that time of the year again for...

PUMPKIN!!!

Fall is probably my favorite season and one of those reasons is because of all the delicious pumpkin treats there are to make. Luckily this year we won't be experiencing a pumpkin shortage like last year. And what a better thing to combine pumpkin with than...

NUTELLA!!!

And of course I love a good quick bread so when I saw this recipe I knew that was going to be next on my list for baking. I changed the original up a little bit, using my beloved combo of AP and whole wheat flour for the dry ingredients and adding apple sauce to keep the bread moist. The hardest part was trying to eat all of the Nutella out of the jar. Just the smell of the hazelnuts and chocolate wafting from the container...I couldn't resist a few swipes with my finger.

Not very appetizing...yet.

I love the swirl pattern the Nutella makes on top of the bread. Reminds me of cheesecake brownies.

That's better...looking delicious.

Even better.

Definitely delicious hot out of the oven. I probably should have cooked it a little longer, the bottom was a little gummy but none the less warm, gooey, and completely reminded me how much I love this time of year.
Pumpkin Nutella Bread
(adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod)

Ingredients
2/3 cup AP flour
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup apple sauce
1/3 cup water
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
4 Tbsp. Nutella

Method
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 8X4 loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together wet ingredients: sugar, apple sauce, water, pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla.
4. Slowly stir in dry ingredients to wet ingredients until thoroughly combined.
5. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, making sure the batter in spread evenly. Drop teaspoon sized amounts of Nutella over top of batter. Swirl Nutella into the batter with a knife.
6. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes before turning the bread out of the pan to completely cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment